[squeak-dev] Running a custom image in a Web browser

Aran Lunzer aran at meme.hokudai.ac.jp
Tue Mar 18 12:46:18 UTC 2008

Hello Sebastian - thanks for your response -

> if you are considering to build a modern web application you should
> evaluate two options (in alphabetical order):
>
>  AIDA/Web  http://www.aidaweb.si/
>  Seaside   http://www.seaside.st/

Many thanks for the pointer to AIDA/Web; it looks like it could be very
useful once (if...) I get to the stage of re-implementing my interaction
widgets in JavaScript.

However, as I understand it neither AIDA/Web nor Seaside offers a way to
support direct interaction with Squeak/Morphic within a Web-browser
window.  My reason for wanting this is so that users don't have to leave
the browser to run the parts of the overall application (a
cancer-treatment simulation) that are implemented purely in Squeak.

Still hoping someone has the plugin/Vista answer...

Aran