[squeak-dev] Fwd: Web page with status of squeak license issue resolution?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Mar 18 16:33:00 UTC 2008

Ok, it's worth mentioning then that via funding from Viewpoints
Research Institute, Inc I am working on a
GStreamer plugin for squeak in order to address video licensing issues
on linux based machines, aka OLPC.

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

With a target completion date the end of March.

Although the standard set of GStreamer features does not support MPEG,
those patent encumbered codecs are GStreamer loadable options.

How this will be supported on os-x and windows is unknown since

--
=
=