[squeak-dev] Re: FreeType in linux

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 23:36:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

"Sebastian Sastre" <ssastre at seaswork.com> wrote in message
news:!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAx5oTyKKcHEiH5jLobrYqEMKAAAAQAAAAtTYJ5G/UA0aumlqOkiuwKwEAAAAA at seaswork.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to install freetype 0.4 from universes in an ubuntu 7.10
>
> The vm version is 3.9-8 from linux debian repository (i686 in a monocore
> 32 bit system)
>
> The installation goes ok untill plugings which never ends and CPU
> remains in 100% (and hot!)
>
> I remember it happen this to me in windows until I've set a different VM
> (3.10.2 alpha)
>
> any clue?

I've just tried this on Ubuntu 7.10 to see what is going on.
The plugins installer is trying to install the plugins into /usr/bin but
they should go into /usr/lib/squeak/3.9-8

I suggest that you extract FT2Plugin and BitBltPlugin from the
FreeTypePluginInstaller3.sar file (you will probably find this in the
universetmp folder).
Copy them into /usr/lib/squeak/3.9-8

Then install FreeType Plus 0.4 from SqueakMap rather than from Universes.

This worked for me.
Cheers,
Andy