[squeak-dev] Squeak Release Roadmap? Invitation to Meeting #4 Release Team meeting 2)

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:51:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 06:17:13PM +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Good, how we suppose to arrange this?
> Add new wiki entry?
> I would prefer a page at squeak.org , since
> squeak release is our major product, so we need to keep information
> about it up to date and easy to find.

I have been recording what happens in our meetings at
http://installer.pbwiki.org/MeetingNotes . I just started a
home-page for the release team with links to the current
releases and efforts to do that:
http://installer.pbwiki.org/SqueakReleaseTeam

By request of the board, a strictly MIT-based image is currently
top-priority, and, as a license change is a major change, a
cleanly-licensed image will be Squeak 4.0. I've summarized what
we have decided about what Squeak 4.0 will be.
http://installer.pbwiki.org/Squeak40

Next meeting's agenda is to define a roadmap and scope for
Squeak40. I look forward to what Edgar has to say, as he has a
lot of experience knowing what is required. Our next meeting
will be Monday, 24 March at 18:00 UTC by Edgar's request:
http://installer.pbwiki.org/MeetingNotes004

So far, most of the discussion has been between myself, Craig,
and Pavel.