[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Kernel methods license audit

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Mar 21 08:08:45 UTC 2008

Paolo Bonzini a écrit :
> In the case of accessors, for example, the original contributor could
> have contributed a single change to add those accessors, or these
> methods could be part of a bigger change.  The first case probably is
> not even copyrightable; in the second the overall changeset is
> copyrightable, and I wonder if a judge would be convinced  if they were
> shown the exact same source code up to the MD5 checksum.

May I suggest something: you just add a "2008 rewrite" comment anywhere
in all of your methods so that all author initials change and MD5
checksum do not match anymore.

I can't imagine a more nonsensical task than rewriting methods that work
so that they do exactly the same thing but pretend being different.
Legalese crap is eating your brains guys. This is Kafka vision of
computer science.

Of course this is only my opinion (although I share it)

Stef