[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:48:58 UTC 2008

On 21/03/2008, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
>  And as
>  far as I know it is just you Bruce, who explicitly contribute a LGPL
>  code. For good of all Smalltalk community I would therefore kindly ask
>  you if you consider changing license for it to MIT.

There is no "right" answer wrt licensing and everyone needs to form
their own view.

I chose to use the HTTP server in Swazoo in 2001  *because* it was
licensed under the LGPL.  All of the work that I contributed to the
HTTP server was contributed under the LGPL, and Hyper (which is the
current embodiment of that work) is under the LGPL.  I have no plans
to change any of that.

http://www.openskills.org/