[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 21 16:54:14 UTC 2008

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> If your changes are subclasses of something is clearly part of the
> interface (you cannot use Swazoo without providing those subclasses, and
> those subclasses are not important to other users of Swazoo), adding
> your subclasses is not going to LGPL.

I have always been wondering about this. Where exactly in the LGPL does
it say that? I have always considered sect. 2 to be the killer because
subclassing interface classes (like you suggest) seem to be exactly the
kind of modification that section 2 refers to and the only applicable
choice for those is, according to section 2 of the license either LGPL
or GPL.

IANAL, but I'm curious where in the LGPL you see your interpretation.

Cheers,
   - Andreas