[squeak-dev] Re: [Newbies] Project Ideas

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:18:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 02:37:44PM -0500, David Zmick wrote:
>    This has been sent to both the Squeak-dev list and the squeak beginners
>    list
>
>    For those of you that don't know me, I am a 14 year old programmer.  I
>    want to write something useful, but I don't have any ideas!  I have always
>    had this problem, with any language, and, all of the problems that have
>    been going around on the mailing lists seem to hard for me to work on, as
>    I am not very proficient as a developer and I am looking for some easy
>    beginner projects!  Thank you in advance!

There are some ideas we would like to see on the Google Summer
of Code ideas page:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6032

You are not eligible to participate in Google Summer of Code if
you are under 18, but feel free to try tackling one of those
projects anyway.

And don't forget, all of us who know how to squeak had to try it
without knowing how at first. Hang out on the #squeak channel
when you have a question; people are always willing to help.

There is no quick way to learn how to program. You just have to
do it and learn.

Have fun.