Squeak Release Roadmap? (Was:Re: [squeak-dev] Notes from Release Team meeting 2)

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Fri Mar 21 16:41:28 UTC 2008

Igor Stasenko ha scritto:
> What about making a more formal approach concerning next release?
> It would be very useful to have a roadmap, what features we want in
> next release.

Why not two lists of features, one for the next release and one for that
after the next.

> We can divide things/initiatives onto subprojects and place this on a
> web page. This will serve good both for historical and organizational
> reasons.
> This will help community (and newcomers) to be certain in what
> direction we are moving and what most of us want to see in next
> release.

What would help even better is having a time-boxed release cycle, so
that the community and the other stakeholder can know in advance _when_
the next release will happen (with some approximation, of course).

	Giovanni