[squeak-dev] Incorrect class comment for FileStream

Katerina Barone-Adesi katerinab at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:58:36 UTC 2008

Using Squeak 3.10, the FileStream comment contains the following:  "To
use the file system for most applications, you typically create a
FileStream. This is done by sending a message to a FileDirectory
(file:, oldFile:, newFile:, rename:newName:) which creates an instance
of me. Accesses to the file are then done via my instance."

Unfortunately, the named methods don't exist.   I'm using
FileDirectory new fileNamed: rather than file:, and it appears to work
and have the intention I'd expect FileDirectory file: to have from the
above comment.

Is this list the right place to report problems like this, and if not,
where should they be reported?

Regards;
Katerina Barone-Adesi