[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:35:50 UTC 2008

On 24/03/2008, Jason Johnson <jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Janko.  A while back he was laughing at us for worrying about this
>  "silly license nonsense".

I saw those messages and I thought Janko was saying something similar
to Paolo i.e. that using LGPLed code in Smalltalk should be fine, so
don't worry.

Now I see he was saying that he didn't care about licenses or who
wrote (and thus held the copyright on) code, he would claim any code
to be under whatever license suited his needs at the time.

Clearly I initially read into Janko's words what I hoped to find
there.  Silly me.

http://www.openskills.org/