[squeak-dev] Re: On the swazoo list

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:04:26 UTC 2008

On 25/03/2008, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>  Bruce Badger wrote:
>  > I am very sorry to hear that.  It is not my intention to harm other
>  > projects but rather to protect my own.  I have a large code base now
>  > that relies on Hyper and Hyper derives from early versions of Swazoo,
>  > so just like you I do have "practical impacts" to worry about.  This
>  > is not just a game.
>

> Out of honest curiosity, how would these large code bases be harmed by
>  Swazoo being under MIT instead of LGPL? (I am assuming that by
>  "protecting your own project" you mean that these projects would be
>  harmed by the use of MIT)

I don't know, but I wished to avoid having to worry about that.  Even
having to spend the time worrying about these things is expensive as
we can see right now :-/

I was supposed to be working on Slaps (an LDAP library) this weekend,
instead I have been defending my copyrights :-(

http://www.openskills.org/