[squeak-dev] Moving SVGMorphs around [was: Bezier filled shape rendering artifacts]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Mar 25 15:47:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:29:41 +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Okay, one more test.
> open given morph
>
> (SVGMorph fromFileStream:
>  'http://squeak.cobss.ch/JSesh/resources/glyphs/varia/Y4.svg'
>   asUrl retrieveContents contentStream
>  ) openInWorld

This now renders what is expected, have changed width:=height:=180 for
{A1,A2,Y3,Y4].svg on the server :)

> then inspect SVGPathMorph submorph and evaluate following:
>
> 2 to: segments size do: [:i | self assert:(segments at:i) start =
> (segments at:i-1) end ]
>
> Does endpoints of adjusted segments should be equal?
> Because this test shows that some are not.

You're just duplicating my test code from the other week, which you
apparently have never seen before ;-)

> | good bad |
> good := bad := 0.
> 2 to: segments size do: [:i |  (segments at:i) start = (segments
> at:i-1) end ifTrue: [ good := good +1] ifFalse: [ bad := bad +1 ] ].
> { good. bad }
>
> prints: #(86 8)

Now that the glyphs renders OK, did you notice that when alt-click
+ moving the glyphs farther than their bounding box, then they are blanked
(and un-blanked when moved back). Also, some artefacts suddenly appear
where the halo-button was located, when moving the SVGMorphs within their
bounding box.

This cannot be a problem with the constants in #defaultViewBox since the
parsed viewBox values are respected.

/Klaus