[squeak-dev] Squeak for handhelds with RS-232 interface question

LUIS QUIJANO quijano at panasoft.com
Wed Mar 26 21:04:24 UTC 2008

Hello!

Has anyone gotten Squeak talking to a RS-232 port using a handheld gadget?

The handheld gadgets in my current "wish list" are (data from the HP web site):

1. HP iPAQ 310 Travel Companion
     - Processor: SiRF Titan 600MHz ARM11 dual-core processor
     - OS: MS Windows CE 5.0 with custom HP user interface
     - External Connectivity: Integrated Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR
     Comment: interface via Bluetooth to RS-232 adaptor?

2. HP iPAQ 111 Classic Handheld
     - Processor: Marvell PXA310, 624 MHz
     - OS: MS WIndows Mobile 6 Classic
     - External Connectivity: Mini-USB 2.0 and Integrated Bluetooth v2.0
with EDR
     Comment: interface via USB to RS-232 adaptor?

3. HP iPAQ hx2495 Pocket PC
     - Processor: Intel PXA270, 520 MHz
     - OS: MS Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, Premium Edition
     - External Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11b), Bluetooth, Serial IR
     Comment: interface via Serial IR to RS-232 adaptor?

4. HP iPAQ 211 Enterprise Handheld
     - Processor: Marvell PXA310, 624 MHz
     - OS: MS WIndows Mobile 6 Classic
     - External Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) and Integrated Bluetooth
v2.0 with EDR
     Comment: interface via Bluetooth to RS-232 adaptor?

5. HP iPAQ hx2795 Pocket PC
     - Processor: Intel PXA270 Processor 624 MHz
     - OS: MS Windows Mobile 5.0 Software for Pocket PC, Premium Edition
     - External Connectifity: Wi-Fi (802.11b), Integrated Bluetooth,
Integrated Serial IR
     Comment: interface via Serial IR to RS-232 adaptor?

I already checked http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/WinCE/ and
contacted Yoshiki Ohshima.

Please post back to the list or you can e-mail me directly.

Thanks,

Luis E. Quijano
quijano at panasoft.com
-=-=-