[squeak-dev] Re: Universes server may be down?

Kum Sackey ke.sackey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:25:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Kum Sackey <ke.sackey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:36 -0400, Kum Sackey wrote:
> > > I posted this message on the Seaside mailing list, and was told that
> > > Squeak map might be down.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to install the Seaside Magma Helper through the Universe
> > > package browser, however always fails with:
>

> I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please give us the image
> version and all the steps that produce this error?
> I was using Damien's Squeak-Dev latest web version:
> - http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
> Then I was following the installation instructions here:
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6019
>
>Does it work now?

I'm afraid its still not working, but I think I managed to get around it.
I've installed the Logger packaged separately, and then ran the installer. I
still ran into the error, but hiting procede allowed the rest of the package
to load.
So now at least I have all the packages in my image.

However, it's possible that somethings in the default logger package were
supposed to be overwritten by the Seaside Helper.

Is there anyway I can find out what the steps the Universes installer might
have followed.... without having to go through the debugger?

--
-------
K. Sackey