[squeak-dev]( picoVerse-:( ? No loose methods in Squeak Packages/Projects/Maps/Montecello ? ) )

Kjell Godo squeaklist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:58:51 UTC 2008

Hello Squeak developers

Is it true that you cannot include loose methods in
a Squeak or Croquet Package?

I can see where you can include Classes in a Package
but can you include loose Methods?

In Dolphin Smalltalk a Package can include loose
Methods and it is essential for my large Generator
Package to be able to do so.  I need to be able to
put the method:

Object>>asGenerator

into the Package etc. etc.

I have been thinking about beginning to port this
Generator Package over to Squeak since there is such
a well defined way of publishing Squeak software into
the web.  But if there are no loose Methods in Squeak
Packages then I would have to forget about it.

-Kjell