[squeak-dev] FFI and FreeTypePlus problem?

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Thu Mar 27 15:42:56 UTC 2008

Hi there,

	I'm using Installer to make a custom 3dot10 7159. The first things I do
in the script is to load from universe FreeTypePlus (wich brings FFI). Then I've
load LPF.

	If I do that it never ends due to Squeak not being able of resolving a
name.

	NetNameResolver addressForName:  'installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st'

	Before loading the FreeTypePlus, evaluating the previous sentence has an
instant response of the address.

	But if I do load the FreeTypePlus package it never ends. Maybe an FFI
issue?

	I'm in Win32 using

	SqueakFFIPrims.dll from 8/30/2007
	Squeak.exe from 6/5/2007

	any clue?

	thanks

Sebastian Sastre
PD:  here is the beginning of the script:

	Utilities
		informUser: 'Upgrading universe packages'
		during: [ UUniverse  systemUniverse updatePackagesViaWWW ].
	(UUniverse  systemUniverse newestPackageNamed: 'FreeType Plus')
                ifNotNilDo: [ :package| |inst|
				inst := UGlobalInstaller universe: UUniverse
systemUniverse.
				inst planToInstallPackage: package.
				inst doInstall ].

	(HTTPSocket httpGet: 'installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st') readStream fileIn.