[squeak-dev]( picoVerse-:( ? No loose methods in Squeak Packages/Projects/Maps/Montecello ? ) )

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:38:23 UTC 2008

For the compiler, start with class Compiler. You could go to chapter
from the classic Blue Book:
http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/bluebook/bluebook_chapter26.html#TheCompiler26

For the VM, take a look at some of the chapters in Mark Guzdial's blue
book on Squeak, Open Personal Computing and Multimedia.
Drafts are posted online:
Andrew Greenberg's chapter on slang and calling out of Smalltalk would
probably be helpful.
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/greenberg.pdf

I found the above links starting with Stef's free books list:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks.html