[squeak-dev] Re: Lukas' code critics & other goodies on

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 05:51:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 3:55 PM, itsme213 <itsme213 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Damien Cassou" <damien.cassou at gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>  > All these tools are in squeak-dev images.
>
>  Great, thanks.
>
>  Do you plan at some point to release the Installer scripts you use to build
>  the images? That would make it easy for others to pick up and customize.

I've always communicated about how I'm doing the images (in case I
pass away :-)):

- I have a set of base images which contain universe (one on top of
3.9.1 and another one on top of 3.10)
- Then, I use a bash script
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/makeImages.sh
- This script iterates over all base images and sends an automatically
generated st file to each
- The st file uses Installer to generate the image by installing
universe packages ('Squeak web packages' 'Squeak dev packages beta'
'Squeak-dev image')
- The image is then saved and compressed in a zip file by the bash script

Bye

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good