[squeak-dev] Re: Lukas' code critics & other goodies on O

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 05:58:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com> wrote:
> > Do you plan at some point to release the Installer scripts
>  > you use to build
>  > the images? That would make it easy for others to pick up and
>  > customize.
>  >
>  > - Sophie
>  >
>  +1 here about that interest. I learned the hard way how to customize my images
>  and I've just migrated to Installer. So I'll be interested to see how others do
>  to see if I'm missing something. Customize a Squeak feels pretty much as
>  preparing a server where the Installer is for Squeak as the apt-get is for an
>  Ubuntu.

- I have a set of base images which contain universe (one on top of
3.9.1 and another one on top of 3.10)
- Then, I use a bash script
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/makeImages.sh
- This script iterates over all base images and sends an automatically
generated st file to each
- The st file uses Installer to generate the image by installing
universe packages ('Squeak web packages' 'Squeak dev packages beta'
'Squeak-dev image')
- The image is then saved and compressed in a zip file by the bash script

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good