[squeak-dev] How can I count redraws of SystemWindows?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri May 2 16:08:52 UTC 2008

On 2-May-08, at 6:00 AM, Matthias Berth wrote:

> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Adrian Lienhard <adi at netstyle.ch>
> wrote:
>> Most likely you get into an endless loop because your logging
>> behavior
>> triggers another redraw.
>
> I was thinking that, too - but even when I do something simple like
> self title it locks up.
>
>> What you can try is to add an instance variable (or global) and use
>> it as a
>> counter, or you could log to a file.
Or you could try something like
redrawCount asString asDisplayText display
which will render it in the top left corner of the Display. So long as
you have your experimental subject browsers placed so as not to
overdraw that you will be able to see it. Since there is no morph
added anywhere, just a blit direct to the screen, you should be safe
from lock ups.

tim
When all else fails, let a = 7.  If that doesn't help, then read the
manual.