[squeak-dev] How can I count redraws of SystemWindows?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun May 4 13:35:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:16:48AM +0200, stephane ducasse wrote:
> Thanks
> I was also thinking that having a thread safe transcript would be good
> for people trying some
> concurrent snippets.
>
> Stef

If you happen to be using a Unix or Mac VM, this is a more reliable way to
do it, see class OSProcess:

debugMessage: aString
	"Print aString on standard output. The debug message is prefixed with the
	identity of the process in which the method is being evaluated, and the
	identity of the object which received the message. Useful for debugging
	timing or deadlock problems."

It would work on Windows too (prints to a Windows console), but I have not updated
the plugin in a long time, sorry.

You can also just write to a file stream, or to a file stream on /dev/tty.

- Dave