[squeak-dev] Is DNU cached?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon May 5 02:37:05 UTC 2008

10 years back I got trapped in a snow storm in Boston, and spent the
evening exploring the existing caching algorithm for method lookup
which hasn't changed much over the years. I was curious if the
behavior now (well 10 years back)  was the same as what was documented
in the Green Book,
and how Morphic affected things.  I found no real difference between
my numbers and the documented Green Book numbers, so working on the
caching won't buy much.

But, I note you would notice it if you turned caching off.

--
=
=