Squeak logo refreshing (was: [squeak-dev] Reminder hackontest.ch)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed May 7 15:49:33 UTC 2008

On 07.05.2008, at 17:28, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 7-May-08, at 3:14 AM, cdrick wrote:
>>
>> I'm not against the mouse icon at all... but refreshing it with a
>> 3D look maybe could be nice,
> Could someone please explain to me why a '3D look' is 'more modern'
> or 'refreshed'? Generally all it achieves in my opinion (and yes,
> Virginia, I am a professional) is a tackiness and ersatz
> contemporaneity that simply means having 'refresh' it again a short
> while later.

I'm all for a classic look. But you have to admit that the Squeak logo
looks particularly bland in the list at

	http://www.hackontest.ch/

Going 3d-ish and colorful would be one way to pep this up, another to
use a white background and slightly stronger strokes (and possibly
removing the exclamation mark, moving the text to the right side, or
omitting it altogether).

- Bert -