[squeak-dev] [ANN] A new anniversary without 3.10

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Wed May 7 21:40:17 UTC 2008

Igor Stasenko writes:
 > Bryce adopting Exupery to 3.10.
 > There also Keith pushing things with Installer/Sake ,  Matthew working
 > on DS & making Traits (de)installable.

Exupery works on 3.10. There's no problems there.

The performance tests were showing incorrect numbers due to the
floating point bug which is now fixed and posted to Mantis.

There's a lockup running the test suite. That's due to a bug in
process termination and Delay>>wait's ifCurtailed. I could easily side
step that bug by adjusting the delays in the test slightly but I'd
rather find a proper fix. Seems silly to waste the chance of fixing it
given it's easy to reproduce. Chasing such a bug in a production
system is painful.

Monticello 1.5 can't load FFI, so I can't use the squeak-dev images
but the base 3.10 images are fine. Loading Exupery is fine, building
an Exupery development image on top of squeak-dev breaks.

Bryce