Better order & information exchange (Was: Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] A new anniversary without 3.10)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed May 7 22:36:39 UTC 2008

I think this is more social issue.
I doubt that this fix was rejected instead of just simply got
unnoticed by release team.

We need to be more organized.
We need a common workplace where one can draw on the board, while
others can leave comments or put suggestions.
The release team members should pay more attention how to make their
progress more open and publicly available.
The current release process, how i see it, lacks centralized
bottleneck, where all things were filtered and accepted or rejected ,
and immediately announced to public.
For the people, who not involved directly in release process, many
things remain mystery, and they don't have an easy way how to let one
of release team members know about issues and to draw their attention.
They barely can know why or when people take look on a different
issue, or did they took a look at all.
Mantis regardless of how good it is, seems not fit good for current
release process, otherwise we would not have such problems, isn't?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.