[squeak-dev] [ANN] A new anniversary without 3.10

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Wed May 7 23:14:26 UTC 2008

2008/5/7, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk>:

>  Monticello 1.5 can't load FFI, so I can't use the squeak-dev images
> > but the base 3.10 images are fine. Loading Exupery is fine, building
> > an Exupery development image on top of squeak-dev breaks.
> >
> > Bryce
> >

> MC1.5 can load FFI,
>
> Installer install: 'Packages'.
> Installer sake addPackage: 'FFI'; install.
>
> Keith

I'm a bit confused (I admit don't time in the last months to be on all the
details) but, why now all must be installed with "Installer" ? SqueakMap
continue working? And what is the role of Universes?

Any short clarification would be appreciated. I'm using the 3.10u3 (
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5918) without problems but also understand
that on such moment (when announced) something remaing pending about
Universes.

Germán.