[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] A new anniversary without 3.10

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri May 9 08:15:58 UTC 2008

Edgar J. De Cleene a écrit :
> Squeak3.10-7159-basic have a Welcome Window, but maybe you wish some
> different.

Compared with the 3.8 welcome window, it lacks internal links and code
snippets, for example

Display restoreAfter: [WarpBlt test3].

AbstractSound stereoBachFugue play.

... these make a strong effect on a newcomer :)

> As I wish improve users experience, tell us how is yours "welcome the new
> user".

Please install the latest version of muO to see what I mean: upon
installation, muO displays its main menu and an "entry point"
interactive book.

> FunSqueak have a long list of things into and I send [ANN] when I actualize
> I put your excellent http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm once
> into, remember ?

oh yes, I remember :)

> I put it again into next version :=)

If it lives happily with the other projects, that would be nice, thanks :)

Stef