[squeak-dev] Unload Traits script

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 20:58:46 UTC 2008

[squeak-dev] [ANN] Unload Traits script

***
>Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
>Sat May 10 19:18:47 UTC 2008
>

>I wrote a script that removes traits from a 3.9 or 3.8 image:
>http://installer.pbwiki.org/UnloadTraits
>
>In an image with Installer (preferably LPF), do:
>Installer install: 'UnloadTraits'
><...>

Ok. Then what does this give you?

If you had such an image could you use it as a basis for development?
How would you update it?
How could you revert an update to it?

Basically what I am asking is could this be squeak 4.0 and a basis for future development?
Or would the image produced just be a curiosity that could not be developed further.

This is different from the question of should it be. That also is important to answer. But the "should"
question is a political one. I'm just looking for the technical answer to the "could" questions.

Yours in curiosity and service, --Jeorme Peace

P.S. How is work on DeltaStreams coming?