[squeak-dev] Unload Traits script

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat May 10 22:23:24 UTC 2008

El 5/10/08 5:58 PM, "Jerome Peace" <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com> escribió:

>> Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
>> Sat May 10 19:18:47 UTC 2008
>>

>> I wrote a script that removes traits from a 3.9 or 3.8 image:
>> http://installer.pbwiki.org/UnloadTraits
>>
>> In an image with Installer (preferably LPF), do:
>> Installer install: 'UnloadTraits'
>> <...>
>
> Ok. Then what does this give you?
>
> If you had such an image could you use it as a basis for development?
> How would you update it?
> How could you revert an update to it?
>
> Basically what I am asking is could this be squeak 4.0 and a basis for future
> development?
> Or would the image produced just be a curiosity that could not be developed
> further.
>
> This is different from the question of should it be. That also is important to
> answer. But the "should"
> question is a political one. I'm just looking for the technical answer to the
> "could" questions.
>
> Yours in curiosity and service, --Jeorme Peace
>
> P.S. How is work on DeltaStreams coming?

Well , 3.11 could not have Installer or any 3.8 don't have.
No SM, no Universes, no etc
As clean we manage to clean and not putting any.
Less code means less work, more easy to test, more easy to improve.
I plan to cut several things , so my first could be Traits.
It's your picture on Hall of Fame and going back to good track.

Repeat with me, smaller is good , smaller is faster , smaller is .... :=)

Edgar