[squeak-dev] Re: Time for a new DB-Plugin [wa: Threaded ODBC]

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:32:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,
Sorry for jumping to this thread so late, but it was weekend and I was
far from my computer :)
A little team of students and I are developing SqueakDBX... It is just
the begining, but we hope to provide a realiable DB plugin, who uses
asyncronic calls for performing the queries (and OpenDBX do that). This
project was rejected from SoC (the comunity felt that other projects
were more importat), but we kept working on, and now it is listed as a
possible SummerTalk project.
Currently, the code in www.squeaksource.com/SqueakDBX is just a proof
of concept and little more, but we are very exited about the preliminar
results. Of course, OpenDBX currently runs only on *nix systems (and
OSX, of course), and not windows, but I think it wont be difficult to
migrate it to windoze... Norbert, the mantainer of OpenDBX is very
helpful.

I invite you (Igor, Rob, Klaus and all the interested in developing a
modern DB plugin) to join efforts, not duplicating them.

Thanks,
Esteban