[squeak-dev] Responses to IRC Questions arising

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Mon May 12 04:23:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 02:01:57PM +0300, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> 2008/5/11 Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>:
> >

> > El 5/10/08 11:23 PM, "Keith Hodges" <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> escribi??:
> >
> >> Do I get credit for causing all of this problem in the first place?
> >
> > I wish do Ferrari team.
> > It's Board who should give us rules as FIA have for all teams.
> > And others teams exist, like McLaren-Mercedes, Renault, Toyota, etc.
> > So you should start yours and work with people trust you and be comfortable
> > with you.
> >
> > And I don't answer any flames war.
> >
> > Edgar
> >

> To Keith, Matthew, Edgar & all interested parties:
>
> First, of course, it is up to release team to decide, how they see the
> work should be organized.
>
> But, IMO it would be better to consolidate resources and work in team,
> instead of diminishing resources.
>
> I think you better to discuss the points where and how you will cooperate.
> So, lets think about how to organize the work and divide
> responsibilities between parties/team members.

Yeah. That's what we discussed in the last release team meeting,
which was like a month ago, and I still haven't posted the
summary. My excuse is that it was the last month of the school
semester (ya know, when all the projects are due). I'm working
on it; I'd like to make a nice set of documents like I did for
the relicense effort (which is currently on hold).

> For instance, if next release can be based on fully automated
> LPF/installer scripts i expect to see a detailed description with
> step-by-step instructions how developers can step-in, add change and
> step out, without chances that they will break/intrude on field which
> is under responsibility of others.
>
> So, i suggest you to work out a detailed workflow , write it on the
> wall and strictly follow it during work on release.

Definitely. I'm on it. Thanks for the reminder.