[squeak-dev] Unload Traits script

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Mon May 12 10:46:42 UTC 2008

>> What about people who need traits?

Hi philippe

who care, they are idiot. Reuse is a bullshit.
if people believe that traits are the unique problem of Squeak let
them believe it.

I recently receive that email from a guy aparently from the C++ and
perl community. Certainly one of this
one idiot that believe in other abstractions.

"First, I wonder if you were aware of the impact your paper has had on
the early stages of designing the object system for Perl 6.  I guess
Larry was quite taken with the idea.  After struggling to bend C++
templates to a similar end, I certainly see it as revolutionary.

I further wonder if you are interested in Perl 6, and are looking in
on the design effort from time to time.  I'm currently working on a
more detailed exploration of the type system.

--John"

We made a huge mistake to have done 3.9, we should have forked 3 years
ago. Now I start to believe what marcus always told me.

Stef