[squeak-dev] Unload Traits script (response to edgar)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 13 11:04:44 UTC 2008

El 5/13/08 7:45 AM, "Trygve Reenskaug" <trygver at ifi.uio.no> escribió:

> IMO, traits are fundamental and essential.
>
> In the new BabyUML programming paradigm, a CLASS defines what an object IS as
> seen from its inside and a ROLE defines what an object DOES as seen from its
> outside.
>
> It was a major breakthrough when I realized that a role should be coded as a
> trait, the trait defining what the object does in the context of a structure
> of collaborating, role playing objects.
>
> A role is played by an object at run time. This object can be an instance of
> any class that implements its trait. So the trait is tied to a fundamental
> abstraction that is on the same level as the class.
>
> I both look forward to and dread my publication of the first Baby IDE. Will it
> start a constructive discussion, will it be slaughtered, or will it be
> ignored?
>
> With trepidation
> --Trygve

So , this close all I said before.
I always have you as example, and your works as some essential.
It's why I have Baby SRE always on any "Full" or "Fun" image.

So sorry to all, I never speak again of Traits and DON'T support cutting
Traits.

Period.

Edgar

PS. And I read about the tree planted to 95 age, that is a example of Life