[squeak-dev] How to choose plugins-to-built while compiling a vm?

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Fri May 16 07:23:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

yesterday I got myself a fresh copy of the squeak vm code
from subversion. But I wasn't able to compile. There were
compile errors in the Gstreamer Plugin. So I tried to exclude
that from the compilation but I didn't find it in VMMaker. Then
I looked for a configure switch --without-gstreamer or the like
but there isn't one. I only got it compiled through editing of
the Makefile.

It seems there are a lot of plugins you can't choose to build or
not. Dbus is one of these candidates.

What is the best way to deal with that.

thanks,

Norbert