[squeak-dev] Web Team Report - April 2008

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri May 16 17:17:43 UTC 2008

Dear Squeakers,

This is a monthly report about Web Team activities for April 2008.

Web Team main responsibility is to maintain our main public face: the
http://www.squeak.org website.

Main news last month is that Karl Ramberg stepped down as a team leader
and handled his duties to me. First I'd like to thank him for his past
work and also many thanks to the community to invite and confirm me on
this role. I will try my best to advance the Squeak public face further
as much as possible.

We started with a project to upgrade website to the more up-to-date
technology and currently there are already two proposals on-line:

	Aida/Web/Scribo based: http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/
	Seaside/Pier based: http://squeak.lukas-renggli.ch/

I hope that we will manage to choose the technology and then upgrade the
website next month. After that there are many other plans too, but first
and foremost is to improve the Contact us section
(http://www.squeak.org/ContactUs/). It is very important that outside
world has a simple yet effective way to come in contact with us which is
currently seriously limited because of all spam we receive on the
published email address. We therefore urgently need to provide a web
form with adequate anti-spam protection. This form will also be used for
the contact to the other teams and the Board. Deadline for this form is
end June.

We are also working on refreshing the content, currently the Teams page
http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/ while other pages will be
refreshed continuously, but a complete recheck will be done when the
content will be migrated to the upgraded website.

Best regards
Janko Mivšek
Web team leader