[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] New location

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed May 21 09:10:52 UTC 2008

Damien Cassou wrote:

> I'm sorry I was not clear enough. Some weeks ago, I informed the
> squeak mailing-list about a new faster download location with a
> counter for each file. It was
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211. This address did not
> replace the other ones (http://squeak.ofset.org/squeak-dev/ and
> ftp://ftp.ofset.org/squeak/squeak-dev).
>
> I opened this thead to inform the list that the new location was not
> available anymore and was replaced by
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211. The other locations are
> still valid. The list of download urls are always available at
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/.
>
> Is that ok?

Ok, because old location is just as nicely simple as possible, you have
only the latest image to download, no need to search around and think
about which one is right one. But if you like to have other versions, go
ahead and open old folder. From usability standpoint (and therefore
success of your work) old location is better, IMHO.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek