[squeak-dev] Doing spanish translation??

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 23 21:09:21 UTC 2008

On 23.05.2008, at 22:44, Javier wrote:

> Hello, I'm new to this list.
> I'd like to translate the official 3.10 image to spanish, and would
> like to know if there would be any problem to include that
> translation into the official image or not, just because it is a lot
> of work and wouldn't like to waste the time.
>
> (I'm a native spanish speaker)
>
> Thank you.

Note that the LinEx guys did a nice translation of their image:

	http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6911

which should soon be merged with the OLPC Etoys translation:

	http://dev.laptop.org/translate/projects/etoys/

(btw, Etoys now uses gettext for translating which is well supported
and pretty much standard in the open-source world)

- Bert -