[squeak-dev] Re: (Slightly OT) Dan Ingalls on FLOSS "Weekly"

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sun May 25 05:44:49 UTC 2008

  I enjoyed it, too.  However, I like to nitpick, too^^;

  Leo seems to be caught in the typical trap of thinking that the
mouse was from Xerox PARC (Dan corrected it along the line, but it
still came up at the end), and PARC didn't make Xerox any money.  (The
invention of laser printer alone paid for investment in PARC.  It is
true that they could have made *huge* money, but it is wrong to say
that they didn't make profit.)

  And this is my own preference and people has different taste, the
host changes the subject too often. Dan formulates long sentences and
talks calmly, but the host interrupts often and a few things got
ununswered.  I know some people like that style, though.  (When it
comes to Disney and embedded project, I wished the Parks PDA project
was mentioned.  If he waited a few more seconds, Dan might have
thought of it^^;)

-- Yoshiki