[squeak-dev] Re: (Slightly OT) Dan Ingalls on FLOSS "Weekly"

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun May 25 12:44:00 UTC 2008

I enjoyed it too.

I also felt that Dan was interrupted and the subject was changed too
often. What I would have liked Dan to talk about is his coming back to
the Squeak community as a member of the Board, his plans and
expectations. I'd also liked to hear his thoughts about the FONC
project. I mean, a little more focus on the future!

BTW, in the interview it was said that the Lisa was a Smalltalk machine.
I looked a bit in the web and could find nothing about this. Perhaps
this was a mistake, and the Lisa OS and dev tools were Pascal based?

Another note on the Lisa. The chief designer was Larry tesler, right?
The "don't mode me in" guy. However, the Lisa had eight modes. The 7/7
applications and the dev environment... If it had been a Smalltalk
machine, it could have been modeless.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich