[squeak-dev] Algernon issues with sq3.10-7159dev08.05.2

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Thu May 29 06:23:52 UTC 2008

Hi Igor,

I already reported this offlist. See comments from the developers below.

Bye
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:09:41 -0600
Von: Erik Hinterbichler <xxx at xxx.xxx>
An: Damien Cassou <xxx.xxx at xxx.xxx>
CC: "Torsten Bergmann" <xxx at xxx.xxx>, xxx at xxx.xxx, xxx at xxx.xxx
Betreff: Re: Algernon in Dev-Images

It looks like this happens because refreshItems is run every time a
new class is added, and so it's being run many times when you load a
new package. We did that to make Algernon automatically stay up to
date when new items were added, but if it slows down loading of
packages we may need to remove that feature. Either that or we would
need to figure out a way to prevent refreshItems from being run until
the very end of a package being loaded.

We'll experiment and try to have a new version out before the new
image is created. Torsten, in the meantime if Algernon is slowing you
down you can remove it by bringing it up with shift-return and then
bringing up a halo on it and deleting it.

Thanks,
Erik