[squeak-dev] Creating/using MIDI ports with external device, how to start?

John Richards ajtr at us.ibm.com
Fri May 30 02:00:44 UTC 2008

Agreed...that's why I've been trying to create a new one.  For what it's
worth.  I can't output on the existing port either since it seems bound to
the internal Mac sound generator.  Oh well.

I'm on the verge of deciding this is impossible (is it really true that no
one has made this work?).  If so I'll try to build a primitive to access
the portMidi open source code.  I would REALLY like to avoid this path but
no one seems to know how to do this seemingly simple thing.

John

Gary Chambers <gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com>
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
05/29/08 09:06 PM
Please respond to
The general-purpose Squeak developers list

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
cc

Subject
Re: [squeak-dev] Creating/using MIDI ports with external device, how to
start?

If the only port you have is for output only, trying for input seems
futile perhaps?