[squeak-dev] The version 3.10 does not work on Linux.

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Fri May 30 08:54:33 UTC 2008

You're facing a problem which I find very annoying, too. The
3.10 image has its default display depth set to 16bpp. Under
linux with composite extension (if I understand it right) the
colors on the display are calculated in the wrong way so every
color is tranlucent. You may fix it by having a dark background.
This way you can see the world and you'll be able to select
World->appearance->set display depth.
If you choose 32bit everything will turn back to normal.

So there is a problem with calculation of the color. But the
question that I find much more important is: Why has to default
color depth changed from 3.9 to 3.10??

Norbert