[squeak-dev] application packaging

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 3 13:56:54 UTC 2008

On 03/11/2008, at 09:04, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> I have previously asked for tips on how to package non-web apps for
> distribution to users. Several people suggested that I should
> follow the examples set by Plopp and Sophie. Unfortunately I
> haven't been able to locate a description of what they do. I asked
> on the Sophie mailing list, but got no response. Is there a summary
> of the approach they use on the web somewhere?
>
> ---
> Mark Volkmann

The "One Click" technique now is used by Seaside, Pier and Aida also.
All you need is the last OS X VM you could find

For OS X, you see as one thing, but for the others OS is a folder
with subfolders like this of Pier

Pier.app
Into this "folder"
pier.exe
- Contents
- - Linux686
- - MacOS
- Resources
And into the Resources folder the pier.changes, pier.image,
SqueakV39.sources and some other files.

So all you need is some app for open the app and put all you need into.
Or do all by hand using another OS and not Mac OS X.

Edgar