[squeak-dev] application packaging

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 3 15:18:18 UTC 2008

On 03/11/2008, at 10:57, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> My apologies, but I still don't comprehend the steps to be taken.
> Suppose my application is a simple as this. I have a class with a
> single class method as follows:
>
> sayHello
> 	self inform: 'Hello World!'
>
> After the user presses the "OK" button, the application can exit.
>
> How can I turn that into an application that a user can launch
> where they aren't dumped into the Squeak environment where they can
> do things like open browsers.
>
> ---
> Mark Volkmann

Ok, this is different requeriment.
You wish a RTS (run time system) and the person who use this
'MyHelloWorld.image" should not realize is made with Squeak or if
realize is made in Squeak can't open any Tools, etc.
For that exist some old of Ned Kontz in SqueakMap, but is not enough.
You need change the way of World (the current PasteUpMorph with all
Flaps, Windows, etc ) deal with clicks and keyboard.

This afternoon I put TodaMafalda.1.RTS.image in ftp for all and look
my computer for code I do for made it.
It's a Squeak version of Quino famous comic book for children and not
so.
In less of 20 mb you have all, image, 300 plus page comic book, and I
send the modifications to normal Squeak for you do this.

Keep in touch...

Edgar