[squeak-dev] application packaging

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 3 21:07:59 UTC 2008

El 11/3/08 12:18 PM, "Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>
escribió:

> On 03/11/2008, at 10:57, Mark Volkmann wrote:
>
> My apologies, but I still don't comprehend the steps to be taken. Suppose my
> application is a simple as this. I have a class with a single class method as
> follows:
>
> sayHello
> self inform: 'Hello World!'
>
> After the user presses the "OK" button, the application can exit.
>
> How can I turn that into an application that a user can launch where they
> aren't dumped into the Squeak environment where they can do things like open
> browsers.
>
> ---
> Mark Volkmann
>

> Ok, this is different requeriment.
> You wish a RTS (run time system) and the person who use this
> 'MyHelloWorld.image" should not realize is made with Squeak or if realize is
> made in Squeak can't open any Tools, etc.
> For that exist some old of Ned Kontz in SqueakMap, but is not enough.
> You need change the way of World (the current PasteUpMorph with all Flaps,
> Windows, etc ) deal with clicks and keyboard.
>
> This afternoon I put TodaMafalda.1.RTS.image in ftp for all and look my
> computer for code I do for made it.
> It's a Squeak version of Quino famous comic book for children and not so.
> In less of 20 mb you have all, image, 300 plus page comic book, and I send the
> modifications to normal Squeak for you do this.
>
> Keep in touch...
>
> Edgar

>From original image , before I close it
The original tip is from Ned
And now all could download  at
ftp://www.squeak.org/various_images/TodaMafalda.1.RTS.image

Enjoy the Quino wisdom !

----SNAPSHOT----#(20 September 2005 10:12:25 am) TodaMafalda.1.image
priorSource: 4351630!
!Libro class methodsFor: 'no messages' stamp: 'edc 9/20/2005 11:26'!
makeRTS: t1
    | t2 t3 |
    t1 delete.
    Preferences disable: #cmdDotEnabled;
         disable: #cmdGesturesEnabled;
         disable: #cmdKeysInText;
         enable: #noviceMode;
         disable: #warnIfNoSourcesFile;
         disable: #warnIfNoChangesFile;
         enable: #eToyFriendly;
         disable: #honorDesktopCmdKeys;
         enable: #appendToErrorLog;
         enable: #noDebugButton.
    t2 _ FileDirectory localNameFor: Smalltalk imageName.
    t3 _ (t2
                copyFrom: 1
                to: (t2 findString: '.image'))
                , 'RTS.image'.

    Smalltalk
        changeImageNameTo: (FileDirectory default fullNameFor: t3);
         closeSourceFiles;
         openSourceFiles;
         snapshot: true andQuit: true! !