[squeak-dev] MIT License

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 03:19:51 UTC 2008

Hi everybody!

We are tying to "put" MIT license in squeakDBX (a squeak project). I mean,
we always says SqueakDBX was licensed under MIT license but we never do
something about that. So, the main question is, what things do I have to do
to license SqueakDBX with MIT license ?

I saw some links in MC like Tool Builder project where they put in
monticello website (in the project description part), the license agreement.
But, do I need to do something else ? Do I need to put a file or class named
COPYING or LICENSE ? Do I need to put the license agreement IN the code ?

In addition, what is copyright holders ? suppose we are a group of people,
not a company, what we have to put there? just our names ?

I also see this link: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5607 but I didn't
undestand the pdf file. What I have to do with it ?

A lot of thanks for the help.

Mariano