[squeak-dev] Gumstix and Squeak

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:49:30 UTC 2008

Hi Brad,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Dave Hylands has placed Squeak 3.6 on a gumstix (BTW, Dave,
> which motherboad?)

It should work on all of them.

> Has anyone else experimented with squeak on the
> gumstix lately, maybe with the latest 3.10 and the latest VM?  Dave:
> your notes online mentions using buildroot and not OE. Anyone run
> squeak on OE (gumstix or other platform)?

I expect that the only difference with OE will be setting up the build rules.

If you can build Squeak for linux, then you should be able to build
Squeak for the gumstix.
The biggest issues in the early days was making sure that the
softfloat stuff was enabled for the toolchain. That should all be
automatic with OE.

> If you've done work on the gumstix and squeak, or OE and squeak, what
> has been your experience? I have a 600MHz verdex board that I"m
> looking into porting squeak to, but I'd like to not reinvent the
> wheel, and would love to hear your trials, errors and successes.

My brother Jon uses it for some of his robots.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada