[squeak-dev] MySQL driver can't convert; I can't debug

Tim Johnson tjohnson at iwu.edu
Fri Nov 7 14:29:59 UTC 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Keith Hodges wrote:

> First see if there is a more recent version from squeaksource.
> http://www.squeaksource.com/MySQL I know it works I am using it
> every day.

Keith, thanks for the tip.  The SqueakSource version was indeed much
newer than the Package Universes version.  And yes, all other parts of
this MySQL code seems to work well.

However, this does not solve my problem.  JdmDateHolder or still
returns #nil for a year value of '0000'.  I could not debug this
because the debug fails.

I seem to have found the culprit, however.  It lies in
JdmTimestampReader>>readMysqlDateFrom:

I would rather this method return 1970 or something for the year than
nil, wouldn't you think that would be better?

Thanks,
Tim