[squeak-dev] Re: SparseLargeTable

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Fri Nov 7 20:08:22 UTC 2008

Yoshiki Ohshima a écrit :
> At Tue, 04 Nov 2008 01:44:39 +0100,
> nicolas cellier wrote:
>> Well, I guess every one use with base = 1...
>
>   The "base" was of course set differently if you browse the users.
> And if you browse the users, you can simply tell that it is
> exclusively used for the multilingualization part of the system, and I
> didn't really thought about printing a big table...
>
> -- Yoshiki

Ah, the two instances in my 3.10.2 occidental image are 1-based...
	SparseLargeTable allInstances collect: [:e | e base].
	-> #(1 1)

The problem is more with accessing than printing.
I'm curious, how do you use base ~= 1 ?

Anyway, maybe it won't do what you think...
because I have other griefs with creation messages ignoring their
arguments :)

new: size chunkSize: chunkSize arrayClass: aClass base: b

	^self new: size chunkSize: chunkSize arrayClass: Array base: 1
defaultValue: nil.

Nicolas